Search This Blog

Sunday, October 17, 2010

So much to look forward to...



One of the things I learned about myself a long time ago is that I need something to look forward to, something to be excited about. Something small like a brand new episode of "30 Rock" or a Saturday morning trip to the farmer's market with my wife can get me through a tough day or even a tough week. Counting down an upcoming vacation can keep me out of a "rut" for months. As the sun sets on my first deployment I thank God for giving me so much to look forward to. Here is a partial list of the large, the small, the near, and the far in no particular order:

--Seeing my wife again after 7 long months, kissing her, and rubbing her belly.

--Witnessing the miracle of childbirth when Hannah comes in to the world.

--A round of golf with my Dad when he and his new bride come to visit.

--An entire bag of really buttery popcorn

--Christmas!!!

--Walking Sgt. Pepper without a leash.

--Cheeseburger Wednesday

--My first ever Neff  Family Reunion.

...and there is so much more. I could go on forever. What are you excited about?

2 comments:

  1. I'm very much the same way. Always looking forward to the next thing while trying to be "present" in the now. All great things, Phil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our blogs were born on the same day! We're twins! I'm looking forward to meeting you Phil! Sanne and I will be buying our plane tickets very very soon!

    Mandi

    ReplyDelete